Monday 18 October 2010

Representation Evaluation

To the right, is Terry Hall. Terry Hall was the iconic lead singer of the SKA heavyweights, 'The Specials'. His posture, attitude, and dress sense was the perfect style model for me. I chose to wear black shades, a white shirt and black bow tie to connect with the SKA audience. The image I chose was the stereotypical view of a caucasian SKA sub-culture follower. I knew that if i looked similar to Terry Hall, i would definitely be promoting myself in the correct way.

To clarify, my chosen sub-culture to be focused on are the mod, SKA fans. I am aware of the fact that the magazine is for a very niche market, with not many people still being in the sub-culture after the 80's. Yet, with the first issue of the magazine, i wanted to not only launch a new ska product, but hopefully a new ska era, to compliment the lovely new government we are under now.


No comments:

Post a Comment