Monday 18 October 2010

How did you attract/address your audience?


I recognized that it was fundamental for me to address the audience in a language they are used to. Considering their interests (see mood board) I noticed that the audience is predominantly male, therefore i addressed them in a crude, informal tone. I avoided euphemisms, and included political statements, such as 'broken society we live in'. The style of the magazine as a whole would attract the audience as it is very commercial and bold, with no feminine colours present.


I believe someone would want to be associated with RUDEBOY, as it is patriotic, and rebelling against the new coalition government. Ultimately, anybody that doesn't agree with the society we live in.


Please click the links below to read the annotations on the cover, contents, and double page spread.


Cover- http://www.flickr.com/photos/59388796@N08/5430329355/


Contents- http://www.flickr.com/photos/59388796@N08/5430936600/in/photostream/


Double page spread- http://www.flickr.com/photos/59388796@N08/5430937382/in/photostream/

In a nutshell, the audience is ultimately addressed with a subject they are interested in; being SKA and Two Tone music; otherwise, why would they buy the magazine? The unique selling point of the magazine is that it is the only one of its kind, focusing on the certain genres, plus it is heavily politically inspired, yet without being tedious.


I aim to address the audience with advertisements from beer brands, Fred Perry, and pretty much anything English. This way, it adds a sense of patriotism,  and refers back to the fact that we are brought of our nationality.


I constantly asked for feedback throughout the designing process. Luckily, my media teacher is from Coventry, so he had many things to say when it came to the content, and the style. I always acted upon this feedback, in aim to improve my magazine even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment